Wednesday, June 7, 2017

ISIS Terrorists Raid Iran Parliament, Mausoleum; Gunmen, Suicide Bombers Leave At Least Seven Dead

Terrorist attackers raided Iran’s parliament and opened fire at the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini a few kilometers south of the capital on Wednesday morning, in near simultaneous assaults that killed up to seven people, Reuters reported citing local media.


The first assault took place at 10.30am local time when the parliament was in session. Four gunmen walked into the parliament buildings and began shooting at visitors. Parliament is in lockdown and the police are reported by state media to be still hunting the gunmen. A bomb blast was subsequently reported at Iranian parliament killing one and injuring several, officials said as cited by local media.


In another incident, at least two people opened fire at the shrine of Ayatollah Khomeini. Several people are reported to have been injured there. One of the shrine attackers is reported to have killed himself by detonating an explosive vest. Another was shot dead.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attacks, AMAQ, a news agency close to the group, said. “Fighters from Islamic state attacked Khomeini’s shrine and the Iranian parliament in Tehran,” the news agency said.

The attackers killed seven people and wounded several others, Tasmin said. The news agency also said there were unconfirmed reports that the attackers had taken four hostages inside the parliament building, although according to a subsequent report by Iran's PressTV all terrorists at the parliament had been killed.

- Source, Zero Hedge

No comments:

Post a Comment